‘Want to join a global brand?
We are a Global Food Retailer operating in more than 49 countries on four continents, meeting the needs of over 13 million consumers every day through our 12,500+ SPAR stores worldwide. Our continuing success is down to the talent and hard work from our people.
We are looking to recruit a full/part-time Butchers to work at our new stores in Malta.
The holder of this position reports directly to the Butcher Shift leader
Purpose and goals of this position
Delivering a great customer experience, working as a team with the store colleagues, and keeping the store safe. Performing all tasks as instructed by the Store Management Team. Complying with the Employee Code of Conduct Policy.
Areas of responsibility/duties
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- Deliver SPAR 5 BE’s into the store operations.
- To be helpful & serve every customer with a smile.
- Friendly behaviour towards customers, supervisors & colleagues.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the mentioned area
- Drive sales by active cross selling & promoting our great offers.
- To maintain high team, focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm & seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including performance of any task required by you.
- Taking measures to secure the safety of the stock & putting deliveries away. Ensuring all SEL’s are in place.
- Keeping proper merchandising of stock, cleanliness & standards.
- Periodic checks of freshness/date checks, & stock rotation in accordance with instructions.
- Follow product planograms.
- Product filling of shelves that there are no stock gaps on the shelves.
- Ensuring date check are carried out & any end of shelf life or damaged products are reported to the supervisor
- Ensure that you are kept up to date with all internal communications and to be aware of key store targets/
Health & Safety
- Manage and conduct work activities in such a way as to ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of all colleagues and customers
- Follow the company security policy
- Can adhere to rules on staff uniform and protocol.
- A knowledge and experience in the Food or Retail Industry business.
- Previous experience in retail outlets is considered an asset.
- A high sense of commitment and work ethics.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and making decisions that reflect the company’s values . Excellent time-management and business acumen.
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’ .
To apply: Please email your CV to the following address and include the job title and reference email@example.com