Warm banana bread, straight from the oven. Yum! You will go bananas over this easy recipe. A great one for kids to make, with help from Mum.
What you'll need
3 - 4 Bananas
120 g SPAR Butter
150 g SPAR Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
15 ml Lemon Juice
120 g SPAR Flour
120 g Brown Flour
2 ml Salt
5ml Bicarbonate of Soda
30ml SPAR Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Boil all vegetables on the hob.
4. Cream the butter and sugar and beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
6. Add the mashed banana pulp and lemon juice.
7. Sift the dry ingredients together and stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
8. Turn the batter into 6 greased mini loaf tins or 1 greased loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked through.
Pop down to your nearest SPAR store to get all the ingredients you need to make this recipe!
There for you isn’t simply a tagline. It describes what we stand for in a few words. We will not rest on our laurels. We will ensure that customers enjoy competitive prices while delivering products of the highest quality.