School holiday time is the perfect opportunity to fill up that cookie jar for the children!
What you'll need
250 g Full Fat Margarine, at room temperature
250 ml Castor Sugar
300 g SPAR Flour
2 ml Vanilla Essence
160 g (120 ml) SPAR Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
1. Beat the margarine and sugar together until creamy. Blend in the flour and essence.
2. Roll or press out half the dough onto a sheet of baking paper to an A4 paper size. Do the same with the other half of the dough.
3. Smooth the chocolate spread evenly across both.
4. Lift up the baking paper at a long end, up off the worktop, and simultaneously causing the dough to continuously roll forward onto itself, into a Swiss-roll type log. Repeat with the second one.
5. Meanwhile preheat oven to 190 °C with oven shelf in the centre position. Line 2 large baking trays with a sheet of baking paper.
6. Cut off 1 cm thick slices, and place them in rows onto the prepared baking trays. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Pop down to your nearest SPAR store to get all the ingredients you need to make this recipe!
There for you isn’t simply a tagline. It describes what we stand for in a few words. We will not rest on our laurels. We will ensure that customers enjoy competitive prices while delivering products of the highest quality.