Make use of ready-rolled, fresh puff pastry to create these creamy, garlicky quiches. Perfect for a dinner party or informal lunch.
What you'll need
6 sheets SPAR Era Ora Puff Pastry
125 ml SPAR Cooking Cream
1 tsp Crushed Garlic
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 Onions, thinly sliced
1/2 can SPAR Fine Green Peas
2 small Marrows, grated
100 g Feta Cheese, crumbled
6 slices SPAR Ham (Prosciutto Crudo)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease 6 small (11cm) loose-based quiche or tart tins with butter.
2. Roll the pastry out and cut into smaller circles. Line the base and sides of the prepared tins, trimming off excess pastry. Refrigerate for 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Place the tins on a baking tray. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with uncooked rice (as weights).
4. Bake in the oven until cooked but not coloured, 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
5. Whisk the eggs, cream and garlic in a bowl and season to taste.
6. Combine the onion, peas, baby marrows and feta in a separate bowl. Spoon the mixture into each pastry case.
7. Press a slice of ham into the mixture. Top with egg mixture and bake until just set, about 30 minutes.
Hints & Tips
You can freeze these quiches for up to 2 months. Place in the fridge to defrost and warm in a low oven.
Pop down to your nearest SPAR store to get all the ingredients you need to make this recipe!
There for you isn’t simply a tagline. It describes what we stand for in a few words. We will not rest on our laurels. We will ensure that customers enjoy competitive prices while delivering products of the highest quality.