Warm banana bread, straight from the oven. Yum! You will go bananas over this easy recipe. A great one for kids to make, with help from Mum.
What you'll need
375 g SPAR PREMIUM Spaghetti
100 ml SPAR Polpa (Tomato Pulp)
10 ml dried Parsley
2 ml dried Thyme
1 ml dried Sage
1 Onion, sliced finely
400 g Chorizo Sausage, sliced
75 g SPAR Mozzarella, grated
75 g SPAR Smoked Scamorza Cheese, grated
1. Snap each handful of spaghetti into thirds, dropping directly into a large pot of steadily boiling salted water. Return to a rolling boil and cook for 8 minutes.
2. While the spaghetti is boiling, pre-heat the oven to 200 °C, combine the tomato sauce, herbs and the onion into a bowl, add the sliced chorizo sausages and grated cheese.
3. Tip the pot of cooked pasta into a colander placed over the sink, and shake to drain off the cooking liquid.
4. In a deep large oven-dish layer half the cooked spaghetti, tomato herb mix, sausage slices and grated cheese. Repeat this layering to use up the remaining ingredients, ending with the cheese.
5. Cover and bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes; remove the lid and bake a further 5 minutes.
6. If time permits, set aside for 5 minutes to firm up slightly before serving.
Hints & Tips
Speed up the cooking time by boiling a full kettle of water to pour into the pot for the spaghetti.
Pop down to your nearest SPAR store to get all the ingredients you need to make this recipe!
There for you isn’t simply a tagline. It describes what we stand for in a few words. We will not rest on our laurels. We will ensure that customers enjoy competitive prices while delivering products of the highest quality.