‘Want to join a global brand?
We are a Global Food Retailer operating in more than 49 countries on four continents, meeting the needs of over 13 million consumers every day through our 12,500+ SPAR stores worldwide. We have an exciting opportunity for a Shop Manager to join our growing business. Our continuing success is down to the talent and hard work from our people.
We are looking to recruit a Shop Manager to work at our new SPAR stores. The ideal candidate must be customer focused, service driven, flexible and approach challenges with a positive attitude.
Can you be the heart and soul of SPAR? Then join our friendly team and you will be responsible for truly excellent customer experiences. Like all of us, you are passionate about always doing the right thing for customers. You take pride in going above and beyond expectations, to deliver the kind of bold and brilliant service that can change the game in retail. Always ready to help customers and colleagues alike, you are happy to answer any query and keen to promote great ways for people to live well for less.
Responsibilities and Duties
Main tasks will include:
- Being KPI driven to achieve agreed set targets;
- Developing business strategies to increase Turnover and maximize Gross Profit whilst controlling costs;
- Reducing wastage through the development of processes and policies;
- Meeting sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store staff;
- Ensuring high levels of customer’s satisfaction through excellent service;
- Completing store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures;
- Maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards;
- Reporting on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc;
- Proposing innovative ideas to increase market share;
- Conducting personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths;
- Dealing with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc);
- Being a shining example of good behavior and high performance.
Qualifications and Skills
- A solid knowledge and experience in the Food or Retail Industry business.
- Diploma or other relevant certification in Management or more than three years’ experience within the Food or Retail environment is desirable but not an essential requirement.
- Previous experience in managing people is an asset.
- Able to manage and lead a group of employees aligning them with the company’s objectives.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and making decisions swiftly and confidently.
- Excellent time-management and business acumen.
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’.
To apply: Please email your CV to the following address and include the job title and reference email@example.com