‘Want to join a global brand?
We are a Global Food Services Retailer operating in more than 44 countries on four continents, meeting the needs of over 13 million consumers every day through our 12,500+ SPAR stores worldwide. Our continuing success is down to the talent and hard work from our people.
In line with our expansion plans, we are looking to recruit a full-time Stock Control Unit to join our ever-growing team.
The Stock Controller forms part of the Stock Control Unit, which reports to the CFO at Malta Retailing Limited. The Stock Controller position is purely within the remit of inventory control but is also tied with providing support to internal customers as regards to stock, application tools and hardware support. As such, the majority of the workload is related to provide assistance to colleagues at the retail outlets. However, it is also crucial that the necessary updates and entries in the inventory control system are done in a timely fashion, in order to prevent any unnecessary queries from other Departments. These can merely be avoided by continuous updates so that the inventory system will ultimately portray the true picture of the physical stock.
- Able to use confidently ISL financial and inventory system
- Answering telephone calls from internal customers to provide the required support in relation to stock issues during weekdays and on Saturdays
- In addition to the support being provided on inventory control, technical assistance should also be provided on I.T. related issues using all the necessary tools to maintain any down time as low as possible especially in retail outlets where there is a heavy presence of customers
- Advise Purchasing Department of any discrepancies in relation to the original invoice in incoming consignments
- Check the expiry date, number of quantities in boxes and barcode on repeated orders to verify that they are the same as previous orders
- Enter in stock new consignments as per ‘goods-in received’ document
- Provide the required support to Sales Representatives as in product levels
- Check stock levels physically in the warehouse to confirm whether quantities tally with the ones on the system
- Provide the CFO with the required information on products close to the expiry date
- Check and amend levels in inventory system of any items returned from retail outlets
- Perform stock adjustments within the stipulated timeframe of any discrepancies detected between the inventory system and the items in stock
- Plan, organize and implement full stock take once every four months, preferably outside office hours in order not to disrupt the daily operational flow
- Ensures safety procedures within the Stock Control Unit are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness
- Strict observance to company confidentiality and professionalism
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours
- General good standard of education up to Secondary Level
- Solid knowledge and experience in the Food Industry business
- Strong command of Microsoft Office tools especially in Word and Excel
- Experience with a ‘help desk’ environment, having had direct contact with clients will be considered an asset
- Ability to maintain a healthy rapport with internal customers and to work under constant pressure
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’
Can you be the heart and soul of SPAR? Then join our friendly team. Take pride in going above and beyond expectations, to deliver the kind of bold and brilliant service that can change the game in retail. To apply: Please email your CV to the following address and include the job title and reference email@example.com