Want to join a global brand?
We are a Global Food Retailer operating in more than 49 countries on four continents, meeting the needs of over 13 million consumers every day through our 12,500+ SPAR stores worldwide. We have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor Manager to join our growing business. Our continuing success is down to the talent and hard work from our people.
We are looking to recruit a Supervisor Manager to work at our new SPAR stores. The ideal candidate must be customer focused, service driven, flexible and approach challenges with a positive attitude.
Purpose and goals of this position
- Deliver a great customer experience, coaching the team to be the best they can be, follow routines and processes to deliver great store standards.
- Perform all tasks as instructed by the Company.
- Support in the delivery of store KPI’s and other targets as set by the Company.
- Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct Policy.
- Ensure that Food & Hygiene Safety are enforced, in accordance with the statutory provisions and Company policies.
- Deliver ‘The SPAR Way’ into the operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Main tasks will include:
- Being KPI driven to achieve agreed set targets;
- Developing business strategies to increase Turnover and maximize Gross Profit whilst controlling costs;
- Reducing wastage through the development of processes and policies;
- Meeting sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store staff;
- Ensuring high levels of customer’s satisfaction through excellent service;
- Completing store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures;
- Maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards;
- Reporting on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc;
- Proposing innovative ideas to increase market share;
- Conducting personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths;
- Dealing with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc);
- Being a shining example of good behavior and high performance.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate:
- Must be able to communicate in fluent English and Maltese;
- Should ideally have a minimum of 2 years previous Store Management experience;
- Ideally has experience in one or more service departments usually found in Large Supermarkets such as the Bakery, Deli, Butcher and Fish departments
- Has the desire to self-progress and develop others;
- Possesses great people and customer management skills;
- Possesses strong organisational skills;
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Is open towards new ways of working.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate in either Maltese or English. Being a team player, friendly, polite and helpful must come natural to you. Full training and support will be provided upon joining.
To apply: Please email your CV to the following address and include the job title and reference email@example.com